Friday, June 18, 2010

The Great Divide

I love homes with wide open spaces, but it does create a problem. If the foyer flows into the den and the den flows into the dining room and the dining room flows into the kitchen which flows into the hallway... do you have to paint them all the same color? Where do you change colors? It's not like there are doorways or other "natural" boundaries.
Well, I could not bear the thought of all those rooms being the same color so I had divided the space into 2 colors, sage green and a mushroom brown. The only problem was that it made 2 wierdo places on the walls where it looked like dirt meeting grass.
Example 1 & 2:












What is a girl to do? :-) So, I got out my little yellow miter box and my hand saw and bought 2 long pieces of trim. And made a Great Divide. (I am happy to report that my hammering skills have shown some improvement since my last trim work project!)
Examples 1& 2

No comments:

Post a Comment