Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Countertops...

Well, they aren't exactly new counter tops, but they are new looking :-)I'm painting the counters in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. You may be thinking, "I didn't know you could paint counter tops?" Well, you can. Here's a picture of the kitchen counter tops in progress.




I started with cleaning the counter tops. Then sanding them a little to rough them up. Next, tape the edges and around the sink. Wipe them down with water, and paint with oil based primer. I put on a couple of coats.
Tomorrow I'll paint with oil based paint. I chose dark brown. Maybe it will resemble expensive granite. (A girl can dream:-)
The total cost for new counter tops in the kitchen and 2 baths = about $15.
I'll let you know how they turn out.

Countdown to moving day... 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment