Friday, April 2, 2010

Oops! I missed a day...

Oops I missed a day of updates. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any of the fun.
Here is the update for Wednesday and Thursday.

The first exciting new addition is a new heater and air conditioner. The installer said he didn't think the old one had worked for years.

Isn't it lovely!












And check out this fancy control. I may have to go to a special class to figure out how to use it.








I have been working on the kitchen cabinets. They have gotten one coat of paint and will probably take one or two more. I will be so excited when I can mark them off of my list.









So, I have discovered that everything in this house, and I mean EVERYTHING is painted with oil based paint. Boo! That means EVERYTHING has to be primed. Here is what happens when I think I can get away without priming first.












I really want to paint the front door red. I wanted try out the color on the current door and see if I liked it... of course the door is painted with oil based paint so the red paint doesn't stick.




So, for now I have a half painted, streaky red door. I wander what my new neighbors think about that ? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment