Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A nicer welcome...

Today was an exterior day. A house that is made of cedar and has not been taken care of is bound to have some rot. Now I have nice new wood in place of old yucky wood. (Thank you so much Cliff!) The only problem is that the house looks a little 2-toned now. Oh well, I guess I'll need to move up my projected date for staining and sealing the cedar siding.












I also worked on having a "nicer welcome". I primed and painted the doors today. (Thank you Amy for cleaning and priming some for me yesterday.) I feel certain the red front door will need about 15 coats of paint, but that's o.k. at least I've got a good start.

Old... New...












And for those of you who are animal lovers, I feel the need to warn you that tomorrow will be D-Day for the carpenter bees. (Or maybe I should say B-Day) They have buzzed their last buzz, eaten their last board, their days are numbered. Enjoy you final moments little bees...

No comments:

Post a Comment