Friday, March 5, 2010

All it needs is a little paint...




Here is the freshly painted cabinet hardware. I like the black much better that brass. I think it turned out great. (Am I the only one who always ends up with colored hands after using spray paint?)







These are the chairs I'm working on refinishing. They were originally painted retro turquoise. I sanded them slightly and now I'm priming and painting. If you are thinking the primer looks a little gray, you're right. Today I found a gallon of latex Kilz on the "oops" shelf at Home Depot. It was only $5. (A gallon is usually about $17.) It was tinted a light gray. I can deal with light gray, since I'm painting over the primer anyway, I didn't think the color really mattered.

And to top off the savings for today. I bought 6 flush light fixtures for the house. They were on sale at Lowe's for $39. Off the top of my head...that's less than $7 each. WOW! Some of those fancy light bulbs cost more than $7! (Here they are, when bought separately they cost $29.99 each.) This may be the first time in my life I've ever actually needed 6 light fixtures - it's like getting a bulk discount!

1 comment:

  1. i am so impressed...
    this makes me want to re-finish furniture but i think i've tackled everything in my little duplex already...
    and i've consciously tried NOT to get spray paint on my hands before and it still manages to get there.

    ReplyDelete