Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh my! Today was a busy day. The morning started with a trip to Columbus with 2 of my favorites folks, the Morgan's . We visited a salvage yard to look for doors, but ended up leaving with 4 light fixtures and super cool tin tiles that used to be on a roof (maybe a Victorian house). They have an embossed design that reminds me of a stain glass window. I hope to use them for a back splash behind the stove and for a little something on the front door.









And then, back to the cleaning. Some sweet friends cleaned the soot on the fireplace. That was a gross and frustrating job. (Thanks Jan and Marie!) It's like the stones just soak up the dirt. Here's a little before and after.












Dirty... Cleaner!

And then there was the floor in the kitchen. I just have one word for you GROSS!!! I have been to third world countries, and I think this floor ranks as the dirtiest thing I have ever seen. Scrubbing, scrubbing and scrubbing some more. I think every cleaning product made has been tried on this floor. It's looking better but still needs some work. I can tell you that cleaning Spanish tile is hard on the knees. (Thanks so much for the help Ashley!)












Dirty... Cleaner
(Am I the only one who thinks the floor changed colors!)

And then there were the french doors. I don't know if any of you have ever bought and installed french doors, but they are quite the challenge. Hoping we could get them to the house in one piece made me so nervous. (I think renovating a house is improving my prayer life!)
Here they are transit:

And here they are installed. Doesn't it look great! (Thanks Jack and Terri Leigh!) Did I mention french doors are also very heavy and the most awkward things to try and pick up and move.









Here are the 1970's broken sliding glass doors... new french door!

So tomorrow is a new day... Let the cleaning begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a project! If you haven't called it a night by the time Keith gets home tomorrow, Katelynn said she wants to come help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Text me when you go over in the morning! I can come by for a little while....since I'm taking the day off! I need a heart job to work out a little frustration!
    <3 Jan

    ReplyDelete