Saturday, March 13, 2010

Packing...

Boxes, boxes and more boxes... I decided to spend today packing. You never truly realize how much STUFF you have until you have to pack it. Are all of these things really necessary?!? I was packing up some kitchen things today when I found a waffle maker. I didn't even know I had a waffle maker. I don't remember buying a waffle maker or ever using a waffle maker. Maybe it was a gift? Apparently, I have managed to live for 5 years without this handy appliance, however, I still packed it in a box and taped it up nice and secure. And I will carry it to my new home, where I will put it in a kitchen cabinet and probably forget I have it until I move again. (And I will probably write about it on a blog, "Hey look, I found a waffle maker I didn't know I had."
All of these things are just earthly treasures. Some are more important than others (sorry waffle maker) but they are all temporary. I am thankful that the most precious STUFF I possess is eternal where moth or rust cannot destroy... and where it will never be forgotten or misplaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment