Friday, March 19, 2010

Eating an elephant

What did you have for lunch today? Well, I had an elephant! (Not literally, I actually ate a salad.) But my helper of the day reminded me today of the best way to eat an elephant. One bit at a time. Fixing up this house is definitely the "Elephant". And every task completed is a bite. Some bites are harder than others.

Today I tried to tackle the laundry closet. Yesterday, I started scraping up the linoleum. What a tedious job. I picked up the scraping again this morning... and this afternoon... and tonight. But it is almost done. And I have patched holes, smoothed the ceiling a little bit, painted the ceiling and the walls, and hopefully I will have the floor completely scraped in the morning, and I can lay the new vinyl tiles and check that room off my "to do" list.
Before...









Almost after...












And check out the progress in the backyard. This was such a tough job. I am thankful for my tough helpers. (Girl Power!)
Before:












During:


















After:









Tomorrow is a new day! I am so thankful and amazed at the progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment