Sunday, March 28, 2010

House curriculum

After being at a 3 day women's conference, I returned to find my home waiting for me. I had dreamed perhaps it would come to life while I was gone and fix itself (sounds a little too much like a Disney movie) but I found it just as I had left it.

Today was a scraping day. I scraped the bedroom ceiling and scraped the paint off the bedroom windows. (There was about a 2 inch stripe around the inside of each window.) And of course, I cleaned the dreaded shutter doors. I appreciate all the support I received in my hatred of these doors. Perhaps we can start some kind of support group.

I have been a homeowner for about 2 weeks now, and I thought I would share with you a few things I have learned:
1. You can work harder than you think you can.
2. I am incapable of hammering a nail straight.
3. If you spray water on linoleum adhesive in an effort to make scraping it up easier, it does not work. It just turns the adhesive into sticky gray boogers.
4. Never buy paint in 5 gallon buckets. Trying to pour it into a paint tray is like trying to control an avalanche.
5. You can touch anything if you put on enough pairs of plastic gloves.
6. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers can clean anything.
7. Shutter doors should be outlawed! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment