Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What has happened in "Renovation World"? Well, I'm glad you asked. Here's the run-down...

1. Cleaned kitchen cabinets and removed hardware. Here is a little sample of the "leftovers" stuck to the cabinets.
This one is actually pretty good compared with some... Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to the rescue.


















2. Scrubbed the master bathroom and pulled up the linoleum. Thanks Julia!













3. Marcia cleaned cabinets. (Did I mention the cabinets were really dirty?!) Thanks Marcia!












4. French doors are in... don't they look great. Jack did such a wonderful job.
Here's a before and after...



















5. And cleaning the kitchen tiles again. Oh my, they were so disgusting. This most recent round of cleaning was done on hands and knees using a razor blade, Windex and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. (I felt a little like I was washing an elephant with a q-tip.) That Spanish tile is hard on the knees, but it's actually starting to look like a kitchen floor. (And we wiped down all the walls - good bye soot.)











6. And to round out our list, the half wall room divider. It is going to look great. Here it is almost finished...
Before and NOW!












I think we're doing great, especially since I've only owned the house for 2 1/2 days :-)
Who knows what amazing things will happen tomorrow. I'm so thankful to have such sweet friends who are willing to climb in this mess with me. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you sweet Auburn friends for helping my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really looking good! Wow....yesterday was a very productive day! Can't wait to see all the new stuff!!

    ReplyDelete