Saturday, March 20, 2010

Work at the Ponderosa...

It was a busy Saturday at the house. This is day 5 of work, and I am so encouraged by the progress.

Today I was determined to mark a room off the list. There is so much to do in every room, that it seems like an endless task. So, I really wanted to just have one room that was clean, and done, and didn't need anything else fixed. I picked the laundry room. I started yesterday scraping up the 30 year old linoleum. And today... it was finished!!

Here's what I am most proud of - the new linoleum tiles and the quarter round. This is the first time I've ever attempted corner round. I'm not very good at it but it is finished!









I also worked in the kitchen today. The top kitchen cabinets got their first coat of paint, and I scraped the ceiling.









Scraping the ceiling is not a very fun job. I had grand ideas to smooth the stipple ceilings in the whole house and paint them all smooth, but that grand idea has gone the way of the wind. I don't think any normal person can hold their arms over their head for that long. So I came to a compromise. I decided to just scrape off some of the soot and stalactites. When I was scraping the kitchen today I didn't realize how close I was to the fan, and before I knew it my curly ponytail was covered in giant spider webs.... YUCK!! You can't turn your back on this house for a minute :-)

My favorite new toy...












The wet dry vac. It is very helpful to have around.

So, what task should I conquer tomorrow? I'll have to consult the very long list. All I can say is that this week has given me a whole new level of respect for construction workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment