Monday, March 22, 2010

Did I mention the view?

Today is Monday and it was a day of professional opinions on the house. The heating and air conditioning guy came to make his estimate. And the plumber began his mysterious work on the hole-y bath tub, the hole-y garbage disposal and the water faucet that doesn't quit running.

Today was exciting because today was the first day the water was cut on. For the past week all the work at the house has been done without water. Which also means all the work has been done with out use of the "facilities'. Which can be quite inconvenient. (I have found that Walgreen's is my favorite place to visit through out the day.

But today... the facilities, or at least one of them was usable. I was so excited to christen (so to speak) the new toilet, but the only problem I noticed was the view...













Yes, this is the view from the bathroom in the master bedroom. There is no door on the bathroom... and no curtains on the windows... and no blinds on the wondows... ooop! Hello world! Just out that window is the street and the neighbor's house. (The one neighbor I haven't met yet -oh no!) Note to self: Take a sheet to the house tomorrow to make a bathroom door.

Today was also ceiling day. Painting the ceilings didn't turn out to be as hard as I had anticipated. I'm so thankful I have long arms. I can stand in one place on a step ladder and reach a 5 foot radius.









I am thankful for a house that is starting to show glimpses of being a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment