Saturday, March 6, 2010

I can blow blue out my nose

I've been refinishing furniture all day. Sand, and sand, and sand some more... now I can blow blue out my nose. (It just so happens I sanded some blue paint off a chair.:)
It takes a lot of sanding to get paint off of wood furniture - a whole lot of sanding. I'm doing it all by hand. And I would like to officially apologize for every time I have painted any piece of nice wooden furniture - Lord help whoever had to sand off that paint. My deepest sympathies. (I'm hoping that sanding furniture burns a lot of calories.)

Here are the products of my "sand-y" day:


This is the side table I refinished. It didn't have too much paint on it (thank goodness)


















The top half of an old dresser





PLUS















An inexpensive mirror from Lowe's





EQUALS








A new mirror for the guest bathroom

(It's reflecting the ceiling of my carport)















My newest nemesis is this old table. It has 5 layers of paint: gold, brown, white, green, and dirt - I think dirt can definitely count as a layer. Today I discovered that it has metal ornate metal feet... very interesting.

I am thankful the Lord has provided so many wonderful pieces of furniture... they will add so much character to the new house!

1 comment: