Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shutter Bug...

In the midst of cleaning, scrubbing, and renovating, it has surprised me the things that have gotten under my skin the most. It has not been what I would have guessed. Today I was surprised to find that I totally lost my patience with these jewels:









Who invented these!?! What a ridiculous idea to put doors with little tiny slats to catch every piece of dirt. These are the doors to the laundry closet. FILTHY! And there is no easy way to clean them. I think I went through 3 rolls of paper towels trying. Squirt with cleaner. Wipe with paper towel. Try to shove paper towel in between the little tiny dirt traps. To add to the fun, I discovered they were painted with oil based paint which means they have to be primed before they're painted. What a shutter bug! (Did I mention these are just the first 4? This house has 16 shutter doors!)

The kitchen, however, has been a much more encouraging project. There is a new garbage disposal and pipes, the inside of every cabinet has been "kilzed". And the cabinet frames and drawers have been painted.









And there is some progress in the yard. Thanks to my Garden Fairy. (Thanks Cecile!)
Before:









After:

No comments:

Post a Comment